Seiko SNK809 Review
Seiko 5 SNK809 Review Summary
So today I’m doing a Seiko SNK809 review. This watch is part of the extremely popular Seiko 5 series, a selection of watches that always manages to impress me. This watch focuses on offering value for money, and it achieves that, no doubt there.
I really like this simple dial design, it’s clean and easy to read without too much cluttering it up. The hands have a nice coating of lume for easier reading in the dark. There’s also a useful day & date display at the 3 o’clock position that I like.
At the heart of the watch is this beautiful 21 jewel automatic movement, and what’s even better is that you can view this awesome movement via the rear exposed exhibition caseback (I’ll add an image in further below for you). I just love these exhibition casebacks, I think they are such a cool feature on the watch.
Also Read: Our Best Watch Lists
Another great feature of this watch is this comfortable canvas strap that’s tough and durable. It fastens with a standard buckle style clasp, however the buckle holes themselves are reinforced making them longer lasting, a great addition in my opinion.
Somewhere the watch does lack a tiny bit is the water resistance rating, with a 30m or 3 ATM rating. That might not be great to some people, but lets be honest, it’s splash resistant and acceptable for most day to day activies. Ok you can’t go diving in it, but it really isn’t what the watch is intended for.
View the latest price, ratings and details on Amazon: Seiko SNK809
Seiko SNK809 Watch Specifications
- Band– Comfortable canvas strap, standard length, 18mm width, with basic buckle style clasp.
- Case– A stainless steel case, sizing diameter: 36 mm and thickness: 13 mm.
- Dial– Simple dial with luminous hands and markers. Mineral glass.
- Movement– 21 Jewel automatic movement.
- Water Resistant– A water resistance of up to 30m / 3 bar.
Seiko SNK809 Watch Advantages
- Part of the popular Seiko 5 collection
- Features an efficient 21 jewel automatic movement
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch resistance
- Handy day & date display on the dial
- Has an exhibition caseback so you can view the movement at work.
Seiko SNK809 Watch Disadvantages
- With a casing diameter of 36mm so people may consider this a little too small for them
- Only has a basic 30m water resistance rating
My Final Thoughts On The Seiko SNK809:
The Seiko SNK809 packs in many of my favourite features on a watch. You have the 21 jewel automatic movement, and the exhibition caseback that I love. It’s comfortable, durable, and the best part? It’s extremely affordable in my opinion. Overall, a very good watch that offers some brilliant value for money. It’s worth noting that you may see a few varitions of this, for instance the Seiko SNK809K2. This end letter and number simply indicates where the watch was made, IE which one of their factories.
Buy Now on Amazon: Seiko SNK809
Hope you enjoyed this Seiko SNK809 review. Find more watch reviews below.