Seiko SNXS77 Review
Seiko 5 SNXS77 Review Summary
So today I’m doing a Seiko SNXS77 review. This is another watch that’s part of Seiko’s popular Seiko 5 series. They intended on bringing an affordable, well built, automatic watch to the market, and they definetly succeeded.
Seiko 5 watches have, you guessed it, 5 key attributes:
- Automatic winding
- Day/date display in a single window
- water resistance
- Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position
- Durable case and bracelet
In the end, you have a brilliant watch that focuses on quality whilst not breaking the bank.
I’m a fan of this simple, no nonsense dial design. It’s easy to read featuring a good amount of lume on the hands and hour markers for easier reading in dark conditions. The day and date display can also come in handy when required.
Powering the watch is an iconic Seiko 7S26 21 jewel automatic movement that can be viewed via the rear exhibition caseback (one of my favourite features).
Also Read Our: Best Watch Lists
The watch measures 38mm in diameter with a thicness of 12mm, not a bad size at all really. Some might say it’s a little smaller than the current average, but we’re only talking about 2mm or so, nothing to worry about really.
A feature that might let some people down is the relatively small water resistance rating. It’s rated at 30m also know as 3 ATM. This gives you basic resistance to water, but not much more. In my opinion though, this is ok as it’s not designed for much more than day to day wear.
View the latest price, ratings and details on Amazon: Seiko SNXS77
Seiko SNXS77 Watch Specifications
- Band– Stainless steel strap, standard length, 19mm width, with basic fold over style clasp.
- Case– A stainless steel case, sizing diameter: 38 mm and thickness: 12 mm.
- Dial– Simple dial with luminous hands and markers. Mineral glass.
- Movement– 21 Jewel automatic movement.
- Water Resistant– A water resistance of up to 30m / 3 bar.
Seiko SNXS77 Watch Advantages
- Features an efficient 21 jewel automatic movement
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch resistance
- Part of the popular Seiko 5 collection
- Useful day & date display on the dial
- Has an exhibition caseback so you can view the movement at work.
Seiko SNXS77 Watch Disadvantages
- Only has a basic 30m water resistance rating
My Final Thoughts On The Seiko SNXS77:
The Seiko SNXS77 has always been a very popular model for Seiko. For people seeking a robust, quality watch that’s ideal for day to day wear, then this could be perfect for you. The Seiko 7S26 is an iconic movement that’s had brilliant reviews in the past. Overall, a brilliant watch for the money. You may also see this referred to as the Seiko SNXS77K1, this simply indicates which factory it was made in.
Buy Now on Amazon: Seiko SNXS77
Hope you enjoyed this Seiko SNXS77 review. Find more watch reviews below.