Seiko SKA371P1 Review
My rating: 9/10, awesome watch, excellent value for money.
Seiko SKA371P1 Review Summary
So today I’m doing a Seiko SKA371P1 review.Yes it’s another one of Seiko’s most popular watches, this time though we’re looking at the Seiko Prospex collection. The Seiko Prospex watches are serious timepieces designed for either sea, sky, or land, in the case of this model it’s sea.
As always you’ll find my recommendations on where to buy at the bottom of the article
The dial has a simplistic style to it, but it’s highly functional with this high visibility lume coated hands and hour markers. Remember once you start diving it can get dark pretty quickly, this high quality lume will definetly come in handy.
Surrounding the dial is a firm 60 click uni-directional bezel. The glass that’s protecting the dial is a mineral crystal glass. This style of glass is specially hardened to offer a high level of scratch and knock resistance.
Powering the watch is Seiko’s proprietary Kinetic movement. This is similar in essence to an automatic movement, but it charges up a battery making it much more efficient holding its charge for longer, up to many months, rather than just days.
Also Read Our: Best Watch Lists
The dial has a nice large finish to it measuring 43mm with a thickness of 14mm. I love the strudy look of it, very reassuring. Another great feature for this watch is the wetsuit extention on the stainless steel wristband for added ease of use.
As you’d expect from a professional diver’s watch, this model is rating ‘diver’s 200m’ this is infact a better rating than your standard 200m rating. This makes the watch suitable for scuba diving at depths not suitable for saturation diving. That’s a minimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) rating. For lots of useful information on the subject of water resistance ratings, check this wiki guide.
View the latest price, ratings and details on Amazon: Seiko SKA371P1
Seiko SKA371P1 Watch Specifications
- Band– Stainless steel strap, standard length with wetsuit extension, 20mm width, with basic fold over style clasp.
- Case– A stainless steel case, sizing diameter: 43 mm and thickness: 14 mm.
- Dial– High visibility, high contrast dial with luminous hands and markers. Mineral glass.
- Movement– Seiko Kinetic movement.
- Water Resistant– A water resistance of up to 200m / 20 bar.
Seiko SKA371P1 Watch Advantages
- Features Seiko’s Kinetic movement technology
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch resistance
- Part of the Seiko Prospex collection
- High contrast dial for better visibility
- Uni-directional rotating bezel
- Diver’s 200m water resistance rating
- Wetsuit extension strap
Seiko SKA371P1 Watch Disadvantages
- Has a little bit of a chunky profile, this might not be suitable for everyone (personally, I like it though).
My Final Thoughts On The Seiko SKA371P1:
The Seiko SKA371P1 is a very modestly priced professional dive watch that’s one of the most popular choices for people seeking this style of watch. Whether you’re after a simple Dive style looking watch, or you’re actually diving, this watch has you sorted. Overall, a brilliant watch, easy to see why it’s so popular, it’s well built, and has all the features you’d need and expect. A well earned 9/10 in my opinion.
Where to buy the Seiko SKA371P1:
Hope you enjoyed this Seiko SKA371P1 review. Find more watch reviews below.